Alumni office is a unit in the directorate of Advance and Development of Federal University of Technology Minna under the office of the Vice-Chancellor.
The Directorate of Advancement and Development is headed by the Director while the Alumni office is headed by the Alumni officer who reports to the Director, Advancement and Development. The Directorate and the Alumni office both became fully operational in the year 2008.
Mission statement of the Directorate
To create sense of propriety [pride in the university by all its stakeholders; and to establish corporate and private sources of funding for its pursuits of the higher standard in teaching, research, and service, as well as in the maintenance of the best university of scholarly integrity and independence.
Our mission in the Alumni office
To provide support required for the promotion of functional education in line with the value and aspirations of the federal university of technology Minna.
To serve as an agent of development and a catalyst in promoting stakeholders and public participation in funding education.
This is the process of identifying the intersections of the university interests and the interests of its former students and then expanding that common ground through meaningful engagement overtime.
The Alumni office over the Development directorate, promotes good relationship with the university’s former students and the development of the alumni association and its branches across the nation and the world. The broad aim is to encourage alumni participation in the university by stimulating and developing programmes and activities of all chapters of the Alumni Associations, while the specific objectives are:
- To assist in the formation of operations of the Alumni association of the university and its branches.
- To guide, regulate and advice on the activities of Federal University of Technology Minna Alumni Associations.
- To serve as a link between the university’s authorities and the Alumni Associations.
- To cultivate and stimulate the culture of homecoming and giving back to the alma mater, and
- To foster and maintain closer relationship and mutual understanding between Alumni Association, management, staff and students of Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Functions/Activities of the Alumni Office
These include among others things:
- To take directives from the vice-chancellor on Alumni and related matters.
- Maintain data base on FUT Minna Alumni membership and FUT Minna Alumni Association branches in the country and abroad.
- Membership of the university committees; including resource mobilization, convocation, students’ organizations, planning and university development (i.e. development office).
- Seek for peace among unions in FUT including students union government (SUG)
- Co-ordinate the activities of FUT Minna Alumni Association chapters and branches.
- Hosts the FUT Minna Association Annual general Assembly and Homecoming
- Represents the vice-chancellor FUT Minna in alumni associations matters.
- Assist in the processing of academic transcripts, certificates etc for alumni members
|< Prev||Next >|