The Information and Technology Services (ITS) which has changed from Computer Center, Management Information Systems (MIS), NUNET, CREDIT, ICT center, was formed in the year 2010. We are a service unit offering a number of facilities to the staff and students of The Federal University of Technology, Minna.
ITS seeks to address the connectivity and harnessing of the emerging technologies to enhance research capacity. Modernizing the infrastructure and services that support research activities of the institute is therefore a priority of the Department.
Our first point of contact is the ICT Help Desk where we provide effective frontline support to all internal and external end-users in a timely manner. We communicate regularly with customers to update their call progress, monitor and test fixes to ensure that challenges are resolved. The centre also makes available remote access to the systems, logs requests from any caller in a well-designed format that gives details of the caller’s ID and his or her needs, logs details of the officer that may be directed to attend to this request online, gives technical directives to callers on how to resolve certain issues to Network Administrator or Head of Unit as may be required.
The Vision of ITS is to become one of world class centre of excellence where the potential of ICT is harnessed to transform the institution into an automated work environment that supports research and development to provide a customer-centred ICT and Business Development service that:
- Is responsive to the needs of a diverse range of users
- Is a valued and integral part of the University’s academic and business processes
- Provides the lead in access to electronic forms of information
- Exploits technology to its full potential
- Leads and manages business process review in the University
- Provides leadership in the area of ICT to help ensure the effective use of academic and business information systems within the University
- Provide packages that will give solution to the University’s electoral matters that can equally be extended to the national level
- Provides electronic e-Payment for financial operations.
- Provides electronics e-Learning, e-Health, e-Examination e-Administration for the internal and external university communities.
The Mission of ITS is to provide, coordinate, and facilitate the use of technology and information resources to the satisfaction of the institution and its stakeholders and to improve and maintain the local area network (LAN), Optic Fiber Cable (OFC), and to liaise with external suppliers and providers of ICT goods and services to provide computing, information, and telecommunications services and support at Federal University of Technology, Minna.
- Professional and friendly
- Proactive as well as reactive
- Customer focused
- Collaborative and sharing
- Challenging and supportive
- Forward looking
Deployment of Optic Fibre Cable (OFC) to schools and centers.
|< Prev||Next >|