FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA
CENTRE OF GENETIC ENGINEERING AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
(WITH FOCUS ON DRUG AND VACCINE DEVELOPMENT)
Recruitment of Research Assistants for Focus Research Topics
The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (World Bank) toward the cost of Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project to finance among others the emergence of Centres of Excellence in various crucial areas of Science and Technology. The Federal University of Technology, Minna houses the Centre of Excellence in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology with initial focus on Drug and Vaccine Development. Part of the Project Development Objective is the training of high level research manpower capable of delivering on the research mandate of the Centre.
It is in line with this that the Centre invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the positions of Research Assistants that will be working on the various Research themes of the Centre
- Candidates must possess 5 O/L credits in English Language, Mathematics and 3 other relevant science subjects.
- A first Class or Second Class Upper Division at B.Tech/B.Eng/B.Sc level.
- Candidates applying for the Position of Research Assistant I must have, in addition to the above, a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or ‘B’ grade at M. Tech/M.Eng/M.Sc level.
Preference will be given to candidates with background in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science (very good knowledge of modern programming languages) and Engineering i.e Material, Chemical and Mechanical.
List of Focal Research Themes:
a) Vaccine discovery targeting pneumonia, cholera, malaria, sleeping sickness, diabetes, helminths, tuberculosis and Cancer
b) Drug discovery from natural products targeting malaria, sleeping sickness, diabetes, helminths, tuberculosis and Cancer.
c) Magnetic Resonance Imaging/Laser Technique in Vaccine and Drug development.
d) Application of nanotechnology in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Categorisation of Researchers:
a) Research Assistant I (with PhD in view subject to admission by Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna)
b) Research Assistant II (with Masters in view subject to admission by Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna)
a) Payment of Postgraduate School fees
b) Access to the Use of Equipment in the Centre
c) Access to Consumables
d) Monthly Stipend during training.
2) Candidates are also expected to submit 3 page write up for Research Assistant II and 8 pages write up for Research Assistant I on the Research theme of interest. For guidance Candidates may wish to view the Focus Research Questions of the Centre at the link: Focus Research Questions
3) Candidates are strongly advised to apply for appropriate Postgraduate Programme through Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna. The form closes on 3rd October, 2012
Click the LINK below
<<APPLICATION FORM FOR RECRUITMENT OF RESEARCH ASSISTANTS>>
Prof. O.K. Abubakre
|< Prev||Next >|